Gen Z 20 Somethings
Young adulthood is the time in our life when we are trying to establish ourselves as individuals, separate from our families and perhaps even the town we grew up in. We are faced with endless opportunities and the freedom may feel scary. Some young adults have feelings of anxiety and depression due to the level of independence and feeling a lack of direction. We help young adults struggling with:
- finding meaningful friendships
- finding meaningful romantic relationships
- adapting to a college environment
- adjustment to graduating college
- lack a sense of direction
- lack a sense of identity
- family conflicts
- poor coping mechanisms
- ambivalence about career choices
- difficulty making decisions
- generalized anxiety disorder
- social anxiety disorder
- panic attacks
- perfectionistic thinking patterns
- low self-esteem
Our work together can help you feel grounded during a time of important decision making and change.
Therapy for Depression
Do these thoughts often enter your mind?
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression.
We want you to know that you are not alone and there are people who can help. Many of our clients find relief in realizing that their struggle does not own them and that there are many options available to once again have hope for their lives.
We understand the social stigmas that come with label of being depressed, and thus aim to help clients sort out their environmental, biological and circumstantial factors while offering support and care through a very dark time in their lives.
If you are hoping to finally lighten this load and feel like yourself again, contact us today for a free consultation.